This month I was recognized for my active role in the automotive community and was invited to to join MICHauto's Awareness Committee.
MICHauto is a key economic development initiative of the Detroit Regional Chamber, dedicated to promoting, retaining and growing the automotive industry in Michigan. The program serves as the unified voice of Michigan’s automotive industry, providing a platform for various automotive stakeholders to collaborate on matters related to advocacy, awareness, business attraction, and talent attraction and retention.
The MICHauto Awareness Committee is comprised of selected marketing, communications, and public relations professionals from within the automotive industry. The committee serves as a consultative body, engaged to strategize and design an annual automotive and mobility awareness campaign for the state of Michigan. The objectives of the awareness campaign are to promote Michigan’s automotive assets to automotive companies and site selectors, improve Michigan’s public perception of the automotive and mobility industry, and attract engineering talent to Michigan’s automotive and mobility industry.
Our priorities are to:
- Consult the Michigan Economic Development Coalition (MEDC) on the outcome and future plan of the Pure Michigan automotive awareness campaign, leveraging such information in MICHauto’s own efforts
- Implement statewide automotive and mobility awareness campaign, reaching MICHauto’s target audience through effective communication channels
- Consult MICHauto Advocacy and Talent Attraction committees on marketing efforts and related materials
- Help grow MICHauto by recommending prospective investors
- Assist in the planning of MICHauto events that target legislative attendance
I am very excited to have the opportunity to join this amazing group of people